Monday, December 19, 2011

Oh my goodness!  Today is just another one of those days that proves I was not meant to be a stay at home mom.  It was the first official day of my winter break, and I had an endless list of errands to run and things to do.  I woke up with Kevin at 6:00 (that was an extra 50 minutes of sleep!), convinced myself to get out of bed to help get Carter off the school, and went upstairs to wake him up.  I noticed he was very hot.  Sure enough, he had a fever of 101.  I was thankful he was sick on a day I didn't have to take off.

So, Carter had no idea he was sick.  Here is our day:
1.  Carter used all 3 of his toothbrushes and mine while I am drying my hair.
2.  He rubbed my spatulas all over his face.
3.  He ran out in the parking lot at Bed Bath and Beyond
4.  He played with the skeleton at the chiropractor
5.  He rolled on the floor and growled at the pediatrician.
6.  He ran out in the parking lot at the doctor
7.  Get to the pharmacy and find out their computer system is down along with the rest Northeast Columbia, and no prescriptions can be filled
8.  Come home and let the booger talk me into watching TV instead of taking nap
9.  Tell Carter if he gets off the couch, he will go upstairs
10.  Carter gets off he couch
11. I threaten again (ok, I know that was bad of me)
12.  Carter gets off the couch.
13.  Take Carter kicking and screaming upstairs while he yells "I sorry"
14.  Put Carter down for a nap
15.  Take a nap
16.  Woken up by Carter at the top of the stairs telling me he didn't sleep and isn't sleepy
17.  Yell at him and tell him I will be up to get him when I wake up
18.  Carter continues to talk to me
19.  Go back to the pharmacy
20.  Get home and decide to bake
21.  Carter has to be between me and everything I am doing
22.  Decide to hang ribbon over the pantry door to hang up Christmas cards.
23.  Carter steals my step stool numerous times all while waving a flag in my face
24.  Carter closes the pantry door with me in it and says, "Little Pig, Little Pig, Let me in."
25.  Carter waves flag in my face some more. 
26.  I start sweeping
27.  Carter waves his flag around my trash pile
28.  Carter chases Tiger around the house with the flag.
29.  I text Kevin that we might be pledging allegiance to Carter's a**
30.  Mom calls
31.  Carter is between cushions and the back of couch
32.  Neighbor calls
33.  Carter picks up the other phone to listen in
34.  Carter refuses to clean up
35. I tell him he is taking a bath and going to bed.
36.  Carter furiously kicks and screams telling me he will clean up.
37.  Get Carter in the tub and quickly bathe him
38.  Carter tells me he doesn't want me and wants his daddy
39.  Leave Carter in the tub to wait for Kevin to get home
40.  Hear the doorbell
41.  Neighbor there with cookies right after his wife left message telling me he was a the door
42.  Call neighbor back to tell her I got the cookies
43.  Carter gets our of tub on his own screaming bloody murder
44.  Neighbor quickly gets off of phone
45.  Get Carter dressed, and Kevin FINALLY comes home
46.  Convince Carter to start cleaning up
46.  Relatively uneventful dinner
47.  Carter finishes cleaning up
48.  My sweet child is back and bedtime was relatively easy.

If that doesn't sound rough, I clearly left something out.  I admire stay at home moms and would love to know how all of them aren't alcoholics.  I definitely feel like I failed at being a mom today.

No comments: