Sunday, February 15, 2009
It has been a rough week in at our house. When I got home from work on Tuesday (remember, I work late on Tuesdays), Carter was grumpy and burning up. I took his temperature. When I saw 103, I decided we needed to take his straight to the after hours care. Last time we went, I prepared for a very long wait, and we were only there for about 20 minutes, so I didn't worry this time. We got there, and the waiting room was packed. All the kids in there had nasty coughs, and I contemplated putting Carter in a bubble. When we were finally called about almost 2 hours later, Kevin and I scrubbed our hands in the exam room. The nurse did a flu and strep test, and both were negative. Carter's throat was red and his tonsils swollen. The pediatrician concluded it was some virus. I stayed home with Carter on Wednesday and Friday. Kevin did the honors on Thursday. He doesn't have fever anymore but has been extremely cranky for the past 2 days. He may be cutting more teeth, but when he screams at the top of his lungs, I wonder what happened to my happy baby. Carter had a followup from his last ear infection scheduled with his pediatrician for tomorrow, but I canceled it when the doctor from Tuesday told us his ears were all clear. I think I will need to call and reschedule because he has been pulling on his ears all evening. I have tomorrow off, and I would like to have the morning to myself. We will see......

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment