Sunday, September 27, 2009

Carter started in a new classroom on September 19th. They divided the toddler room. So far, we are very happy and really like the teacher we have met. His best buddy is Aaron. Carter will say his name but no one else's from school when I try to get him to. When I leave, they have to tell each other, "bye." Carter even knocks on the glass as we close the door behind us.

His personality is really coming out. Here are a few of his antics:

  • While on the phone with my mom, I look, and he is sitting in the middle of the kitchen table.
  • When we ask Carter if he is stinky, he waves his had behind him, and say "oooo, ooooo" for "poo foo."
  • I took Carter to a large sporting goods store. We were in there for quite some time. When we got to the car, Carter said "uh-oh." I looked to see him missing a shoe. I had to go back into the store and search for it. I was really beginning to sweat, thinking we lost a Stride Rite shoe on the first day he wore it.
  • He is really affectionate and offers lots of hugs to us, Tiger, and his blankets.
  • Carter wants to talk on the phone all the time and will turn anything into a phone.
  • He refuses to sit down to eat. We have given him his own little table. He would rather just dump his food off his plate and onto the floor.
As for Kevin and me....I've been running, and Kevin is back to playing baseball. I'm trying not to drown in work, but I can never seem to get away with not doing quite a few hours worth of work outside of school. Thursday night, I will be spending the night on a field study in cabins with 6th graders leaving Kevin to be a single parent. I don't know who has it worse!

No comments: