Anyone who has been around me in the past 5 months knows I have been training for my first half marathon. I did it through Team in Training, so I also agreed to raise $2100 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It has not been an easy 5 months. I started recovering from a SI joint injury. Once we started running more than 6 miles, I began having problems with my IT band, but I persisted. My parents flew in on Thursday night to cheer me on. We met Kevin at San Jose to begin our weekend:
Thursday night continued with my frantic packing and trying to make sure I had everything I needed. After numerous attempts (I'll deny some of the things I did, I finally was able to iron on the list of names I planned to run for:
Dad dropped me off at work on Friday, and one of my coworkers was going to watch my last class, so I could leave early. I was anxious to get to the Marathon Expo and make it to our team dinner on time.
Around 12:20, we found out school was going to be dismissed early due to a forecast for snow. I had been watching the weather all week and knew snow was a possibility in Myrtle Beach.

1 comment:
Ah, Thanks for running for Hans!
That's awesome!
Lara
Post a Comment