Friday, February 19, 2010

Myrtle Beach Race Weekend Part II

We made it to the expo with plenty of time to spare. It was also much smaller than I expected. I checked in and got my bib number and a bag. I went to the back to get my T-shirt along with a water bottle and a hat. I looked around and bought a new head band and some throw away gloves. Carter enjoyed my hat and gloves.
We had time to check into our condo before dinner. Carter enjoyed exploring it and checking out all the TVs.
We ate dinner at the Marriott Grand Dunes with our team and listened to a mother's story of her sons battle with Leukemia. After, the marathon director spoke to us and let us know he was meeting with city officials at 10:00 to find out if they would still hold the race. I never expected this to even be a possibility. I knew the race had been postponed by 30 minutes. When we left dinner, it was snowing heavily. Around 10:00, I received the message the race had been canceled. Disappointed can't even describe how I was feeling. We were told we would be able to transfer our fundraising to another race and our "victory brunch" was changed to Saturday morning instead of Sunday.

No comments: