Monday, May 10, 2010

Carter got pretty sick in mid-April. I got a call on a Tuesday afternoon while on a field trip to the zoo that he had a high fever. I brought him to the doctor the following day, and a strep test came back positive. I was somewhat relieved knowing he should be better the following day after starting antibiotics. His fever continued for a week. We even rushed him to after hours care when it hit over 104 on a Saturday evening. Carter was tested for the flu and had a blood test. The best conclusion anyone could make was that he caught a virus on top of the strep. We did take him to touch a truck that same Saturday. He had a blast. At home, his giant Elmo sits in a chair wearing a hard hat. When Carter met Elmo, he really wanted him to wear a hard hat we had bought. Carter just cracks us up!

No comments: