Sunday, December 07, 2008


I can't believe Carter is 8 months old today!
We feel like we have been going 100 mph around here, but exciting things have been happening.

Last Saturday, Carter had his first babysitter. One of my former students came over, so Kevin and I could go to dinner and see Four Christmases. We really enjoyed it.

Our week was busy. It seems like my calendar was packed every afternoon this week. On top of it all, Tuesday afternoon, Carter came down with a high fever, so Kevin had to pick him up at daycare. It broke by Wednesday morning, but he couldn't go back to school for 24 hours. I took him to the doctor, and he had a double ear infection. He had been grumpy last weekend, so that explains it. He is on some very strong antibiotics, and we have started giving him Zyrtec. He does enjoy the yogurt he is getting due to the effects of his medicine.

On Wednesday, we noticed Carter crawling on his stomach for the first time. Friday night, he actually tried to really crawl to go after his dad's i-pod. He went for a little while and fell over.

We started our Christmas shopping yesterday. I sure hope I can get it all done. I usually don't really stress out over it. There are a few things I know I want to get some people, and I can't find exactly what I have in mind.

This morning, we went to take Christmas portraits. I was rather disappointed. The place was packed, and they were running behind schedule. To make it worse, a woman in front of us kept bending over with her butt hanging out of her tight pants. I had to look at her while waiting on our session to start and while waiting on the "next scene." They have a Christmas room set up and a regular room set up. I only wanted Christmas pictures. I couldn't make the girl understand I only wanted the Christmas background. We were rushed through those and were told we had to wait for the other room. I tried to convince them I was ready to pick out our pictures and go. After waiting a very long time, I convinced them I was the one paying for the pictures, was ready to go, and I didn't care if I didn't take all of the pictures for the session package. I think I embarassed Kevin. He woouldn't let me go back to pick up the prints. We were rushed in the Christmas scene, so we didn't get too many shots. I did speak to the manager on the way out and got a slight refund.

This afternoon, I went with a friend to the Holiday tour of homes here. I loved it! It's in a nicer part of town, and you get to go look around in the homes. There were 7 on the tour. I just love looking at other people's houses (especially ones I could never afford).

That's about it around here. I'm hoping to have the Christmas cards ready to go out by Wednesday and am looking forward to a less hectic week.

No comments: