Sunday, March 08, 2009

My little boy is growing up too quickly. He turned 11 months old yesterday!

Last week was exciting. Monday was a snow day, but we never had any snow. Carter and I took advantage of the time off. We exercised and went and bought him a push around buggy with a gift card Grandma and Grandpa gave him for Christmas:

We put the car together when we got home, and Carter had a blast being pushed around the house. We have turned it into an outside toy. We usually spend about 30 minutes going up and down the driveway when we get home in the afternoon. Carter would rather we run with him than walk.

Carter has been spending more and more time in the 1 year old room at day care. I really hate to leave his teachers. When I went to pick him up on Thursday, he was in his crib in time out for trying to take bottles from babies! His teacher also informed me he had taken a few steps during the week. Yesterday, he took two steps for us before he realized what he was doing.

Last night, Kevin and I decided we wanted our usual Chinese take-out, so I decided to order Carter his own meal. I got him Chicken and cashews. (Don't worry. I didn't give him any of the cashews) Kevin had ordered it one time, and it was mostly vegetables that Carter eats. He really enjoyed it.


Carter continues to be a good eater. The only thing I have found he won't eat is plain rice. Here he is enjoying more baked ziti last week:
Carter wants to dig in everything and open every drawer and cabinet. I try to direct him to my rubber maid:

He has a good time opening and closing the cabinet and pulling out as much as he can. After this picture, he went over to a stack of newspaper and tore it up. Our fun is just beginning.

I have put more pictures and videos on flickr. Check them out.

No comments: