Monday, September 01, 2008


Carter's first game... too bad it was a disappointment

We have had a quiet weekend. No one in our house has felt well for awhile, so we rested..... a lot. We also stay tuned to CNN as much as possible to watch footage from Louisiana. My parents evacuated, but we were still worried about Lafayette.

Carter has been congested with a cough. I've been running the humidifier at night and cleaning out his nose as much as he will let me. He slept like a champ on Friday night. He woke up around 7:15. He napped a lot except for today and was in a surprisingly good mood. I need to upload the video I tried to get of him laughing. He also rolled over today. I'll admit I am a bad mom and rarely give Carter tummy time. I would do more, but he spits up SO much. He rolled over twice today. He can also sit unassisted for a few seconds. He tries to sit up when he in on his back. I hate that he is growing up, but it is also tons of fun to celebrate these little events.

I'm dreading this week. It's only 4 days, but those always seem very tough. We have our first extended Tuesday tomorrow, I have a dentist appointment on Wednesday, and we have open house on Thursday. All of this while anticipating Hurricane Hannah. I want to be prepared, but I also don't want to look like an idiot. I think we will purchase a generator this week. Kevin has been considering one since he built a generator panel into our house. Even if we don't need it now, we may need in during the winter.

No comments: