Carter is also just growing up right before our eyes. On Friday, he rolled across the living room. He had yet to roll from his back to his stomach. That only happened once. I'm sure he will do it again. Yesterday morning, when we put him in his swing so we could get dressed, he decided he wanted to sit up.
Yes, it was rather early. You can tell because it was still dark outside. Carter wants us to be exhausted. He'll fall asleep in the car when we can't nap!
For the most part he has been a happy baby, but he did start waking up again early on Friday morning. I think I fed him at 4:20. He woke up early yesterday morning, and last night felt like we had just gotten home from the hospital. He woke up to eat at 2:00, 4:00, and 7:00. After he ate at 7:00, I couldn't get him back to sleep, so I brought him to the the couch. I think we both ended up falling asleep. He woke up, and I put him in his exersaucer. In an attempt to win an award for worst mother of the year, I went back to sleep while he played.
I started exercising again. On Monday, I survived the spinning class. It was humbling to be the first to have to sit back on my bike. I used the elliptical on Wednesday, and had my personal training session on Thursday. I thought I was just going to get set up on weights....no, no, no. I had a fitness test. How many squats can I do in a minute and a half holding a medicine ball, get a drink of water, oh, do it again. The squats weren't too bad. Then, came the push ups. Now, I know why I have always thought girl push ups were easy...my hands weren't in the right spot. I almost died on those. Then! Then, came the sit ups. HA! I used to be the sit up queen when we did our physical fitness tests in elementary school. Not anymore. I would be embarrassed to admit how many I got in a minute. Then, I had to do them again, but that time, he modified them for me. I did enjoy walking around he track doing arm exercises. I also enjoyed running around it and totally beating the time he set for me until I finished, and I immediately had to do sit ups again. This time, I couldn't get 1! Luckily, he modified them for this out of shape mom. Needless to say, I have been rather sore since Thursday. On Saturday, I went back for the trainer to show me how to use the weight machines, and I also signed up for 6 weeks of training sessions. I think I must enjoy the torture or really don't want to buy new pants for the winter.

No comments:
Post a Comment