Sunday, September 14, 2008

This is my first blog using my new computer

Of course, it had to be blue. I had bought my desktop for grad school. It did a great job and got me through grad school and my National Boards. I think I exhausted it. It was starting to take hours to open documents. Yes, seriously, hours if it did so at all.

We have had an uneventful week. (those are always good!) It flew by! I sent home the first interims of the year and actually didn't have too many parents to call.

Yesterday, we took Carter to have his first hair cut. I scheduled it at a kids' salon. It went well. I just wanted to trim the sides that curl up and take some off the top where it's really thick. He was really good, but wanted to move around to see everything that was going on.


Today, we took Carter to have pictures taken. I've been trying to take him once a month. We went to Portrait Innovations. I love that place! We started with pictures of Carter in his white outfit I bought for his baptism and his shoes with him name on them. I didn't think I wanted pictures in this outfit, but they turned out SO well!




We quickly changed him into his "big boy" outfit. (This place doesn't charge for multiple outfits!) Carter was such a ham. He was smiling in almost every picture. The photographer couldn't believe how happy he was. I had brought back up outfits due to his history of spitting up, but he made it thought the whole sitting. As soon as we were done, he spit up all over Kevin and got fussy.




They give a cd-rom of all the pictures they took. Our pictures were ready in 20 minutes, so we did a little shopping at at Bath and Body works to buy Wallflowers. We found this great new scent:


After, we went to Yankee Candle Company to buy a new Fall Festival candle since ours from last year is almost gone. When we got home, I noticed we already had an unused one. I love fall and am enjoying all the fun accessories that go with it. I hope I have time to decorate for the fall this year. I really want to get a nice fall wreath to put over the fireplace.

Anyway, we went to get the pictures, and all 180,000 were ready. (Ok, it did feel like that many when I was cutting them.) We went to Bi-Lo to buy the groceries Wal-Mart didn't have. After, I noticed a few of the pictures were messed up, so we went back to Portrait Innovations. They reprinted them immediately, gave me extras, and profusely apologized. That is far better than the experience I had with Olan Mills. I would have gotten the pictures in 3 weeks, they would have been damaged, and I would have had to wait another 3 weeks to get the reorder. After that, they wouldn't have even apologized and would have treated me like dirt for filing a complaint!

Carter did start a new trick tonight. He can suck on his toes! He is starting to play with toys too. He loves the little plastic links. He can hold on to them, chew on them, and shake them.

I hope you enjoyed the pictures. There are a few others on flickr. Hopefully this week will fly by as quickly as last week did.

No comments: