We have had a crazy week. Tuesday afternoon, I got a call around 1:20 saying Carter had a temperature of 102.7! I tried calling Kevin, but he was not answering his phone. I quickly got my class to join the other 6th grade science class (we were planning to combine classes anyway.) Robin, the teacher, is a saint. She took my kids without flinching. I headed to daycare, got Carter, called the doctor to make an appointment for later that afternoon, dropped Carter off at Kevin's office, called a substitute, and made it back to school before it ended. It was Extended Tuesday, so I really couldn't miss that. He just had a cold. With daycare, Carter couldn't go back until his fever was down for 24 hours. I stayed home with him on Wednesday and Thursday. I was excited Thursday morning when his fever broke, and his temperature was 97.7. It was back over 101 by that evening. Kevin stayed home with him on Friday morning, and brought him to work on Friday afternoon. Carter stayed in a good mood through all of it.
We had a nice quiet weekend. We went to the gym yesterday morning, and I took a nap with Carter yesterday afternoon. I decided Carter needed to nap in his crib today. He cried himself to sleep, but slept for over 2 hours. He doesn't usually nap that long at home and has to be held. I got SO much done during that time. When he woke up, we went to the pumpkin patch. You can check out more pictures on Flickr. One of my students was working there, so he was eager to help us and take pictures of us.
I love this time of year! The weather is gorgeous, and it's cooling off! Hopefully it stays this way.
I only have to teach for 4 days this week. We have an inservice on Friday. Of course we have not been told where or what we will be doing. Friday was a swap day, but someone changed their mind about a month ago, just as I was considering buying tickets to go to Houston. Par for the course! Hopefully, I will get time to write about all of the craziness at work. After Friday, I truly beleived working in a mental ward would be easier.

No comments:
Post a Comment