Tuesday, March 09, 2010

I continue to run to prepare for the two half-marathons I have registered for. Right now, I am two weeks out from the Georgia half-marathon. On Saturday, I set my clock for 6:30 and made it out the house at 7:00 for a 12 mile run. The last 12 mile run I did was horrible. I contemplated hitch hiking back to my car on many occasions as my knee locked up and didn't want to bend. On Saturday, I was able to run 12 miles in under 2 hours without walking or stopping once. I just think back to when 1/4 mile was struggle and can't believe how far I have come. Of course, everyone knows I exercise so I can eat. I burnt 1455 calories during my run (thanks, Garmin, for keeping track). I was SO excited to be able to replenish these. Unfortunately, I remained rather sick to the stomach for the majority of the day. I'm sure I will be able to make up for it. That's one thing, I have always been good at!

No comments: