Friday, June 06, 2008


Carter with Aunt Beth:




I forgot to write about Aunt Beth's visit. Beth flew in for the night last Thursday on her way to a wedding in Beaufort. Carter and I absolutely loved having her here. We drove to Charlotte to pick her up and stopped for dinner in Fort Mill. Carter was so good the whole time. I'm trying to figure out how to get her to change careers from lawyer to my personal nanny. Nights are starting to go better here.


Last Saturday, we were able to put Carter down awake, and he put himself to sleep. We have also had one night where he went 7 hours between feedings! Of course, the first feeding was at 7 pm, and he didn't want to go back to sleep after the next one. He seems to be able to go a little longer now, but doesn't like to go back to sleep.

On Tuesday, we went the end of the year luncheon at my school. Everyone enjoyed holding Carter and seeing him. It was great for me to get to spend time with other adults. On Wednesday, we went to school for the last workday. I tried to clean up my classroom a little bit. I also had people willing to hold Carter while I got some work done. I was actually done by 11:00.


The colic seems to be improving. I don't know if we have just learned to soothe him better, or if it's true that it peaks at 8 weeks. At first, Carter hated his swing. Now, I can put him in it while I get dressed in the morning or when he is napping in the afternoon, and he usually doesn't get too fussy. I guess this is just him maturing. At the same time, I look at Carter and don't want him to ever grow up. Sometime, I surprise myself at how much I love being a mom. I have always had a hard time adjusting to change, but I really haven't since he's been here. I've learned to just go with the flow and have somehow found unbelievable amounts of patience.

I have added a few more pictures on Flickr than I have on the blog. you can just click on Flickr on the right to see them.

No comments: