Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I realize I haven't posted in over a week. I also haven't uploaded any pictures to add.

I worked last Monday through Wednesday while my parents babysat. My mom and I went to see Sex In the City with a few of my coworkers. I really didn't want to go , but they convinced me to. I haven't been to the movies in about 4 years (last one I saw was Meet the Fockers). It was nice to get out, but being Carter's main food source makes getting out stressful.

We've had our good and bad days with Carter. Last Saturday night, he actually slept through the night. We have had a few other similar occurrences since then. (Last night, he ate at 7:00, fell asleep at 9:00, and didn't wake up until 5:00.) We have also had days where he has wanted to eat every 2 hours too. He is just unpredictable. It was great having my parents here. 4 extra arms really help. On Friday, my aunt and uncle from Florida came for dinner. They had been to Charleston and stopped by on their way home. I was happy to see them. Carter was especially grumpy that evening though.


He is smiling a lot now and cooing. It is the sweetest thing. He is also starting to watch the TV, so I bought him a Baby Einstein DVD yesterday. He seemed happy watching it for about 10 seconds then started screaming. We think his stomach was hurting, but we haven't tried it again since then.

Yesterday was an awful day for me, but Carter had one of his best days ever. He was really sweet, napped, and didn't cry very much. I'm not too thrilled about my teaching assignment for next year. Every time I hear it has changed, it has only been for the worse. I was having a pity party about that yesterday when we had a marinade explosion in the kitchen. We have a vacuum marinader (I think I just invented a noun). You put the meat and marinade in, vacuum the air out, and let it tumble. While it was tumbling, I heard a loud pop. I was feeding Carter, so I couldn't get up and check right away. When I did, the lid had popped off. We had marinade on the wall, Carter's car seat, on the counters, floor, cabinets, etc... Thank goodness Tiger had been locked up all day for getting into the garbage twice. eh would have had a field day with the raw chicken and marinade. I called Kevin and told him he just needed to come home to help me deal with my break down. (It was 30 minutes after he gets off of work) I did call the doctor's office yesterday to find out if they had my biopsy results. The nurse told me it was just lesion and to keep my follow up appointment for next week. I guess that's a good thing. We know it's not cancer, but I was never concerned that it would be.

We took Tiger to the vet today for his annual check up. I was dreading the logistics of having a baby and a cat carrier, but we made it. Carter fell asleep on the way home and has been sleeping for quite some time now. It has been 4 hours since he last ate. I keep waiting for him to wake up. I know he will be starving when he does. He doesn't quite understand that I like to change him before he eats. An overloaded diaper on Momma while she is feeding him doesn't sound very pleasant. I don't want to start anything new or do anything that makes a lot of noise.

He is continuing to grow like crazy. He has already outgrown a few of his 3 month outfits.

No comments: