Sunday, August 10, 2008

Eating Cereal

Eating Cereal
Carter likes his new glow worm from Gammy

Eating green beans

Carter is growing up too quickly. He seems to have suddenly matured and grown in the past week. When we got home from Louisiana, he seemed bigger and able to do more things. Before we left, I had to show him the toys on his exersaucer, and now, he grabs them. He is starting to hold on to things, burp cloths, necklaces, glasses, and he even tried to hold his bottle. He is also taken and interest in watching TV. Sometimes when I am feeding him, he will flip over and watch TV instead, so I have to turn it off to get him to resume eating.

We bought him a high chair on Friday (when I should have been at home recovering). He had cereal on Friday and a little green beans tonight. He still has his tongue thrusting reflex, so it makes eating hard.

Carter has been rather cranky. I don't know if it is the extra attention he got while my parents were here, or if it is teething. I think it is the latter. I can slightly feel two little bumps on his bottom gum.

My recovery is slowing a bit. I felt great on Thursday and Friday. Yesterday and today have been a little rough. The doctor gave me percocet, but I hate to take it. It gives me nightmares. I would have thought I was crazy, but one of Kevin's coworkers had the same experience. My neck and my throat are very sore, and I feel lightheaded at times. I tried to convince Kevin to let me ride in the shopping cart at Wal-mart today, but he wouldn't go for it. Tomorrow is my last day off. I should take it easy, but I have some craft ideas I want to try out.

No comments: