Thank goodness the week is over. It has been rough!!!!! I started with a bad sore throat on Friday. I gave in and went to the doctor on Monday. She gave me a Z-pack. I lost my voice on Tuesday. It's always fun trying to teach without a voice when your lesson plans were relying on class discussion. By Wednesday, I was able to get a microphone system to use, so the kids could hear me a little better. I woke up yesterday feeling A.W.F.U.L. Apparently, I hadn't eaten enough with my antibiotics on Wednesday. My stomach felt horrible, so I had a wonderfully nutritious breakfast of gingerale and jello. I went to work thinking I could make it, but half way through first period, I thought I was going to die. The wonderful attendance secretary got me a sub in less than an hour! I somehow managed to make it to Publix to buy some soup and more jello before getting home. I laid on the couch and had to force myself to get up. I was sicker than I have been in ages. I even ran a fever. I NEVER have fever. By dinner time, I was able to force myself to eat some soup and started feeling better. I felt like a new person today. I even have half my voice back. It's really useful to make 6th graders understand they should not talk during a quiz. I'm going to get myself in trouble with that 6th grade class. I don't know how to deal with them. They seem to not fear me or take me seriously when I ask them to sit down and listen. I don't know if it is just immaturity or a bad group. I am now down to only 15 of them though. One was moved from my class today because her parents wanted her to have the other science teacher....oh well. One less paper I have to grade.
We don't have any plans for the long weekend. My mom randomly sent me some money as a nice surprise. I think I may use it to invest in some clothes. I'm down to about 6 outfits to wear to work. I was resisting buying too much because I was determined to be back in my old clothes. I will blame the surgery and now feeling bad for not exercising like I planned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment