Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I have added new pictures and videos on flickr.

Today, Carter started talking with his spit. I bought a new mirror, so I can see him while I am driving. On the way to day care, I could only see the top of his head. I adjusted it, and on the way home, I could only see his feet. We will try again tomorrow. He did like the angle this afternoon. He talked to himself the whole way home.

Last night, Kevin fed Carter. My too clean husband was fussing at the poor baby because, he had food all over the place. I told Kevin he probably did the same thing to his mom. He insisted he had never been messy. (My husband earned a D in auto shop because he refused to get his hands dirty!) At this point, I decided to call his mom and ask her. She did say that he had gotten food all over both of them when he was baby. That was a major victory for me! We joked that we would just start sending his food to daycare, so they could deal with the mess. Well, when I picked him up this afternoon, his teacher asked me if I had been feeding him any food. She wanted me to send some, so she could feed him. Now, I just need to decide if I will feed him again in the evenings. He has only been getting food once a day. I really loaded him up tonight. Carter woke up to eat at 1:00 this morning, so I decided I would fix him. He got green beans mixed with oatmeal, and a 7 oz bottle (one more ounce than usual). I'm hoping this will hold him over until the alarm goes off at 5:30 (or 5:45 if I can convince Kevin to sleep that late.) It will be my last morning of getting to sleep that late. Ok, I know 5:30 isn't late, but I am anticipating needed to get up at 5:00 to get to school on time. I will try that on Thursday and see how much time I have. I'm hoping I can get up a little later and still make it to school to get a little done before the kids get there. School starts at 7:25. In years past, I arrived around 6:30. I hope to get there by 7:00 or a little before. When I have morning duty, I must be there by 7:00. I have worked it out with a friend that she will do a few of my rotations at the beginning of the year until I see how mornings go. I will pay her back at the end of the year. I'm sure I will regret the swap then, but I want to keep my sanity right now.

No comments: