Monday, July 21, 2008

Carter survived his first full week at daycare. I think it was harder on me than it was on him. I was teaching a web design class during our technology "Beach Blast" week at work. This will get me 5 swap days during the school year.

Grandma Patsy and Grandpa Buck came on Saturday and spent the night. Carter was in a good mood and enjoyed the company. I was holding him while we were eating on Saturday and he laughed out loud while watching his dad and grandmother. He is really cooing a lot. He is also learning how to shriek when he coos too. I have always enjoyed him, but he is getting to be more and more fun. I just can't get him to talk while I am videotaping. I think he concentrates more on the camera and gets distracted. He also likes to be held in a standing position. We are going to buy him an exersaucer. I tried one out at daycare last week, and he seemed to enjoy being in it.

This week, I am attending a math standards workshop in the mornings. We are learning activities to go with the different strands in the standards. I really enjoyed today, so I hope the rest of the week is as good.

We have started giving Carter a little bit of cereal in a bottle at bedtime. He woke up at 2:00am Sunday morning to be fed. I like my sleep. The doctor had told me I could start whenever I wanted, so we did. This means more pumping time for me, but I am considering switching to formula for one feeding per day. I never decided for how long I would nurse him, and I am afraid my upcoming surgery may complicate things.

I hope I have time to upload pictures soon. They have been requested!

No comments: