Thursday, July 31, 2008

My dear sweet boy is sleeping. I'm hoping this will last a while. He had 8 oz in his bottle including some cereal. We've been giving him cereal before bed in the hopes that he will sleep through the night again. Tuesday morning, he woke up at 3:30 to eat. Yesterday morning, he work up at 3:30 again talking and cooing, and I was able to get him to sleep until 4:30 before he insisted on eating. Then, I had to wake him up to get him ready for daycare. This morning, he made it until 5:20. I never thought I would be happy about being woken up at 5:20.

I haven't had too much to do this week, but he has been going to daycare everyday. I want to be consistent. There is a little boy in the infant room who only goes one day a week and cries the whole time he is there. I don't want that to be the case with Carter.

Today, I had my pre-op appointment. They took a few vials of blood, and I had to talk with someone from the anesthesia department. That took almost 2 hours! After, I had lunch with a good friend of mine who had her thyroid removed a few years ago. She convinced me to not ask the doctor to remove the whole thing. She regrets doing that when she only really needed to have one side removed. I just fear having to go back for a 2nd surgery.

Tomorrow, we are leaving for Louisiana. I am nervous about flying with a baby, but we were able to score first class tickets with our frequent flier miles. I'm just concerned about carrying him and all of our stuff. Of course, we need lots of stuff for him when the airlines are charging for a 2nd suitcase. I think we will each check a bag and each have a carry on. My parents are going to fly back with us on Monday, so they can help take care of Carter and me. I am looking forward to going home. Carter will get to meet lots of family members and close family friends. We are going to have a get together after his Baptism on Sunday. He will also get to meet my nephew and brother-in-law for the first time.

Hopefully, I'll lots of fin pictures to post from the weekend.

No comments: