Sunday, November 29, 2009

I'm starting to think Carter may be a little OCD.
  • If I leave a lock off the cabinets, he gets our attention until we fix it
  • I had the water container for the iron on the bathroom counter, and Carter got it, walked to the shelf where I keep it, and held it up, so I could put it away.
  • Before his bath tonight, he had to close our closet door
  • He noticed the drawer under the washer was open and ran to close it
  • If we leave a cordless phone off the cradle, he runs to the cradle until we hold him up to put it away
  • If there is a soft drink can out, he has to put it in the recycling bin.
  • If he gets anything on his hands, he has to have them cleaned.
  • If he gets food on his hands while eating, he has to have a napkin but wants to throw it away after one use
  • When he finishes a drink, he has to give me his cup immediately
  • If a toilet seat is up, he has to put it down
  • If I go to the bathroom, he has to come in, so he can turn out the light
I can't tell if he is being helpful or if he really has issues. He does love to help.
  • He will put his clothes in his laundry basket before his bath.
  • He helps put the dishes away
  • He puts his shoes on the cedar chest in our bedroom before his bath
  • He likes to let Tiger out of the laundry room
  • He put his coat in the coat closet without my asking
I sure hope his eagerness to please lasts. Tonight, he even walked to the stairs when we told him it was bedtime. Of course, he does still hit us and throw things, but it just amazes me how much he has grown and changed lately.

No comments: