Sunday, November 15, 2009

Wow, we have been super busy around here. The new theme of our lives is "Not Enough Time." I'm still training for the half marathon in February, and Kevin just wrapped up his second baseball season. Last weekend, my parents came for a brief visit. They started the weekend by watching me run in the Governor's cup 8K. Here I am before the race: In the crowd at the start line: Coming into the finish: With my running buddy Misty afterwards: The race was great. I am so glad to have met Misty through team in training. She and I have the same pace and have grown to be great friends. I finished the race in 44:58. I was 5th in my age division! I wasn't running it to compete but just as practice. The race ended with a giant hill. I had been running in my very hilly neighborhood the week prior, so when everyone started walking up the final hill, I decided to use it as my opportunity to pass them. Misty did great for her first race ever and finished 13 seconds after me with considerable knee pain. It was great to have Kevin, Carter, and my parents at the finish line!

No comments: