Monday, November 02, 2009

We have had a rough few days. When I got home from running on Saturday, Carter was still sleeping. Around 9:00, I decided to wake him up. He was burning up and hoarse. Carter had a fever of 100.7. It went down pretty quickly with Tylenol, but I called the weekend clinic for his Pediatrician. After waiting for over an hour, I was told he was coming down with something but she didn't know what. She went ahead and did a Strep test which came back negative. She told me to go back in on Sunday if he got worse.

Sunday, he sounded worse, so I called the doctor right after 8:00. They were already out of appointments for the day, so I was told to take him in on Monday if he wasn't better.

After his nap, he sounded even worse, so we decided to go to the after hours clinic. (I'm thankful we have many options) I dreaded going, especially with all the crud going around. I had told myself that if we got there and the waiting room was full, we would just leave. Amazingly, there was no one in the waiting room. We were out of there in 20 minutes, but we were told we had just missed the crowd. Carter has croup. The doc prescribed some steroids. I stayed home with him today, and he is sounding much better. He also can't understand why we won't go outside to play with his ball.....poor boy.

No comments: