We had a great Thanksgiving. I wasn't feeling too great on Wednesday, so I didn't get to prepare as much as I had planned. I did get the sweet potatoes baked and some pumpkin bars made. Wednesday night, I decided to attempt a pumpkin roll. A coworker had mentioned making one, so I had the idea stuck in my mind. Kevin and I had done all of our Thanksgiving grocery shopping the Saturday prior. I stopped on the way home from work on Tuesday to get last minute items (like replace the butter my dear husband left in the pantry.) My goal was to avoid any shopping on Wednesday. As I was making my pumpkin roll, I realized I was out of baking soda. I was in my pajamas, and neither of us really felt like going to the store. I called my next door neighbor to ask if we could have some and sent Kevin over. When he got back and started helping me prepare the pan, we ran out of wax paper. Kevin had to go back over and ask for that. I felt horrible because my mom always taught us not to bother anyone for such things. At the same time, it is wonderful to know we have neighbors we can count on. My pumpkin roll turned out great and was a big hit. Too bad, I didn't get any pictures of it.
Anyway, I put a turkey breast in the crockpot at 4:00 am. On Thanksgiving day, I made stuffing balls, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, rolls, and a ham. Kevin's mom brought macaroni and cheese. Kevin's parents brought his brother and his wife who have never been down here. I also had a coworker come for lunch. We had a great meal and really enjoyed our day. Carter especially enjoyed all the extra attention. I was also thrilled to send the leftover turkey home with Kevin's brother. I think we'll skip the turkey next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment