We have a sick little boy! Carter's cough, hoarseness, and runny nose have not gone away. As long as he didn't have fever, I wasn't worried. When I dropped him off at daycare today, I thought I heard buggers rattling, but I didn't worry. After school today, I changed to go to the gym, and for some reason, I decided to check my cell phone. There was a message from daycare from 6:47 this morning to let me know Carter was wheezing and to call back to verify I had received the message. Ok, 8 hours later, Kevin wasn't notified and no one tried to call me again. I was quite angry at this point. For one, it made me feel like a horrible mom who doesn't care about her child. When I got to daycare I immediately started looking for the director who left the message. She wasn't there, so I discussed it with another. I was told they tried to call "both numbers." Usually, they call on my work phone. I knew that if I hadn't answered my cell phone, I had been in my classroom. When I got home, there was a message here. I have a nice list to give them tomorrow with a list of phone numbers and the order they should be used. I hate to be the rude parent (we all know I deal with enough of those), but if it was so important that I verify I received the message, why did they let it go over 8 hours without trying to notify me again.
Anyway, the doctor worked us in immediately. Carter is using a nebulizer and will be taking antibiotics for an ear infection. Carter weighs 21 lb 10 oz. He officially weighs more than his cousin who is over a year old. At least we don't need to worry about the reflux! He had a rough evening, and wanted to be held. Kevin ended up working until about 9:00 tonight. I don't want to be a single mom. It's not easy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment